I think it’s safe to say that 2020 doesn’t look quite like we thought it would. Our world has drastically changed over the last few months and will continue to do so as we find our new normal. But even in the midst of uncertainty, we have seen so many great people and businesses come together to support our community during this time of need.
There are many reasons it is important for us as businesses to give back. We have the ability, and obligation, to help strengthen the community around us. No matter how big or small, each of us can work together to make a big impact. All it takes is one to start a ripple effect in taking the steps to make sure that our community stays strong and is taken care of.
- Whether through donations, volunteering, going the extra mile, or supporting local restaurants, there are so many ways to give back to the community as a business.
- Looking for gift ideas for clients or employees? Shop local! There are numerous local businesses that have many great corporate gifting options.
- Work with local non-profits for employee volunteer days. You can always find a place that is looking for volunteers, this is a great way to come together as a company while supporting the needs of the community.
- Share local non-profits/businesses that you work with on social media.
- Donate! We know this looks different for everyone, but this is essential to keeping many of these places up and running in order to take care of the people in our community.
Especially during times like these, places like Community Action House, Kid’s Food Basket, Community Foundation of Holland/Zeeland Area, Lakeshore Advantage, and everyone that works at the hospitals, are vital to making sure our community stays safe, healthy, and intact. They are working around the clock to make sure our people and businesses get the resources that they need. These places need our support, to ensure that they can continue to support the growing need.
To all of the essential workers and to everyone working hard to help support this great place we call home, thank you! We are proud to be a part of such a great community.